Contact Me At: michaelnolan1983@gmail.com







Saturday 3 August 2013

Definitely finished this time

OK, so after some feedback from the client I have made a few alterations to the portrait. I took the red out of the cheeks and lip, and made the lip a little less fat too. The badge on the guys cap had to be totally redone also as he had been promoted since the picture I was given for reference was taken but nobody told me :) such is life, I actually much prefer it now, I think it looked a little cartoonish with the rosy cheeks but I was going to the reference, I have since been told it was a very cold day the day the picture was taken, hence the redness. But it's all good now. The colour in the picture doesn't match the actual painting but I'm not much at photographing my work.

1 comment:

  1. I see what you meant in the e-mail & the moment of truth where do you take a knife to it, terrific finished product, made draw hot chicks???

    ReplyDelete